How to open gpg files
The *.gpg is a privacy guard file used by GnuPG, the GNU project's complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP. That means you have to decrypt it first to see what's inside.
What do I need to open files encrypted with PGP?
To open encrypted file, you need a password to it and a special software.
1. First, download Gpg4win. No worries, it's free. Choose the full version not lite.
2. After instalation (remember to select "Root certificate defined or skip setup"), run Kleopatra.
3. Go to file -> decrypt/verify.
4. Pick a file you want to decrypt.
5. Type manually the passoword and enjoy the content.