RocketDock is an application launcher, which looks similar to the one offered by Mac OS X. The bar allows you to add shortcuts to your favorite programs, folders, or system components such as My Computer, Control Panel or My Documents. RocketDock can also show you preview the video playback in Windows Media Player or minimize the open windows. The thumbnails of minimized programs are displayed in real time. You can modify the theme, icons, and add various extensions that can be found on the Internet, ie, clocks, grouping, icons, weather info, etc. The size and position of the bar and any manipulation of the options can be modified from the program settings. Note that RocketDock does not interfere with the standard windos task bar.
I'm using it for a long time and I can't say a single bad thing about it. Rocket dock works smoothly without any problems, even on slow computers. As for a free software it is really good. I recommend it for those who want to beautify the look of the desktop and keep your icons in order.
Features (from official website):
- Minimize windows to the dock
- Real-time window previews in Vista
- Running application indicators
- Simple drag-n-drop interface
- Multi-monitor support
- Supports alpha-blended PNG and ICO icons
- Icons zoom and transition smoothly
- Auto-hide and Popup on mouse over
- Positioning and layering options
- Fully customizable
- Completely Portable
- ObjectDock Docklet support
- Compatible with MobyDock, ObjectDock, RK Launcher, and Y'z Dock skins
- Runs great on slower computers
- Unicode compliant
- Supports many languages and can easily be translated
- A friendly user base
- And best of all... its FREE!!!
This is how it looks: